Metricly provides tools and coaching to users throughout their cloud journey to safely and easily control their public cloud spending. The Metricly platform provides tools addressing the 6 major disciplines of cloud cost management: Administration, Billing Analysis, Idle Resources, Right Sizing, Reservations, and Capacity Monitoring. Our tools leverage real-time capacity metrics and deep learning analytics to identify opportunities for optimizing cloud resources and reducing AWS spend—without the typical hassles or consulting fees.
We are headquartered in Reston VA (Washington D.C. area) with remote employees in multiple US states and countries. The company is growing rapidly and funded by leading venture capital investment firms that specialize in financing Software as a Service (SaaS) providers.
About The Job
The ideal candidate has experience developing distributed Java -based applications running on AWS and enjoys the challenges associated. Additionally, we’re looking for engineers that embody our culture and core values of integrity, innovation, teamwork, determination, and fun!
- Spring Boot
- Design and code Java applications services using technologies described above
- Build for and operate distributed, scalable applications
- Write unit and acceptance tests to ensure your code works
- Instrument your code for performance tracking
- Collaborate with others including code and design reviews
- Work in a Lean/Kanban and Startup environment
- Experience with Java 8, Scala, and NodeJS
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, ECS, ALB)
- Experience using ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker or any of the above
- Experience with dev tools – Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Stash, Confluence, Bamboo) , Git
- Familiarity with Lean/Kanban development practices
- Experience troubleshooting performance problems on distributed application servers.
- Experience with Linux-based environments.
- Self-motivated, Quick learner, Detail oriented and well organized.
- Independent problem solver with superior technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in small teams with minimum supervision.
- Comfortable in fast-paced, distributed, start-up environments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Bachelor in Computer Science with 3-5 years of experience.
Metricly values talent and offers a competitive salary, stock options, and a benefits package commensurate with qualification and experience. Fresh graduates as well as seasoned professionals are encouraged to apply.
Ready to Apply?
Email your resume to our team at email@example.com.