Metricly is a SaaS-based solution that helps organizations monitor the cost, capacity and performance of application infrastructure hosted in a public cloud. Metricly’s advanced machine learning algorithms learn the behavior and workload patterns of environments to optimize resource allocation, reduce cloud spending, and identify performance anomalies that matter to businesses of all sizes.
We are headquartered in Reston VA (Washington D.C. area) with remote employees in multiple US states and countries. The company is growing rapidly and funded by leading venture capital investment firms specifically focused on financing Software as a Service (SaaS) providers.
The candidate will be responsible for product support via online collaboration tools, email, and telephone during business hours. Focus on customer care and compliance is critical for this position. The candidate will report to the Manager of Support. Minimal travel is required.
- Log support cases reported by customers, partners, and sales engineers into a problem tracking system.
- Gather all necessary information and documentation by asking accurate, concise questions in a professional and timely manner.
- Answer technical questions related to the use of the software via the user interface, the Metricly API, or system agents deployed on customer servers.
- Troubleshoot basic performance and configuration problems.
- Maintain available status to take phone or email cases throughout the workday.
- Analyze and classify customer-reported problems as software defects, system problems, or education problems.
- Monitor problem resolution and regularly report on progress to the customer.
- Timely resolution of all identified system problems.
- Assist with keeping Metricly’s support site information current and accurate.
- Contribute and help support Metricly’s community by maintaining product troubleshooting tips and best practices.
- Provide feedback to Product Management for new product enhancements.
- Collaborate with Metricly’s development and DevOps teams to isolate platform-related performance issues experienced by end-users.
- Assist in maintaining Metricly’s open-source projects by contributing fixes and enhancements to various code repositories.
- Participate in an operations on-call rotation acting as the front-line responder to production issues.
Technical Expertise Required
- Significant experience in supporting commercial software products operating in Microsoft Windows and UNIX/Linux environments.
- Proficiency with hands-on troubleshooting, logs, and using Windows & Linux CLI.
- Proficiency with ZenDesk, GitHub, Slack, Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence) and Microsoft Office products.
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Basic working knowledge of Amazon Web Services platform (AWS)
- UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, or Linux) system administration skills.
- Experience with one or more scripting language(s)
- Experience supporting SaaS based products
- Knowledge of Cassandra and PostgreSQL database technology
- Working knowledge of Kibana
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Knowledge of SQL language
- Webmaster experience
The candidate is required to have a College degree in a computer-related discipline with 3 to 5 years of relevant industry experience. In addition, the candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Superior technical skills.
- Analytical, rigorous, and very “hands-on” approach to problem solving.
- A strong dedication to quality and customer service.
- Outstanding grammar, a unique written voice, and the ability to break down complicated ideas and explain them simply.
- Independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to learn new technologies and software quickly.
- Proven effectiveness in small team environments.
Metricly offers a competitive salary, stock options, and a benefits package commensurate with experience.
Ready to Apply?
Email your resume to our team at email@example.com.