Dashboards User Guide
Visualize your data in Metricly with dashboards. You can use the default, pre-packaged integration dashboards or create and customize your own using widgets.
You can copy, create, edit, share, and favorite dashboards in Metricly.
To view and edit your dashboards:
- Click on Dashboards in the main menu.
- Navigate to Dashboards > Manage Dashboards.
Copy a Dashboard
A quick and easy way to create a customized dashboard is to copy a defaulted one and edit it.
- Navigate to Dashboards > Select Dashboard Name.
- Click on the Blue Cog > Copy.
- Rename the Dashboard.
- Edit the widgets by clicking … > Settings or Delete.
Create a New Dashboard
- Navigate to Dashboards on the main navigation menu.
- Click New Dashboard.
- Type a name for the dashboard.
- Click Save.
You’ll be taken to the Widget Library, where you can add a widget.
Editing an existing dashboard can involve managing the layout of a dashboard, changing the dashboard’s settings, or manipulating the time frame setting/refresh interval.
- Hover over the widget’s title to select. The header turns gray and your cursor is replaced with when a widget is selected.
- Drag widget to desired position.
- Hover over a widget to select. Arrows appear in the bottom left and right corners when a widget is selected.
- Drag corners to resize.
Edit Dashboard’s Settings
Edit Dashboard’s Name
- Navigate to Dashboards > Dashboard Name.
- Hover over the Dashboard’s Name and click to edit.
Edit Display Mode
- Navigate to Dashboards > Dashboard Name.
- Click the Blue Cog. A modal with all display options appears.
- Toggle any setting active (green) to enable.
- Shared: Makes dashboard public for each of the users under a tenant; users can edit and delete the dashboard if they wish without affecting the original dashboard.
- Fullscreen Mode:
- Fullscreen: Fullscreen Mode makes your dashboard(s) take up the entire screen.
- Rotate Dashboards: If you have fullscreen mode enabled, it will only rotate through your favorite dashboards if this option is selected.
- Rotation Period (sec): If Rotate Dashboards is set to On, you can enable all of your dashboards to cycle through after a set number of seconds (the default is 60 seconds; the minimum is 20 seconds).
- Theater Mode: Hides the top navigation menu.
Change Duration or Refresh Interval
Adjusting the dashboard’s Duration or Refresh Interval affects the data displayed in widgets on your dashboard.
Edit the Duration setting for the dashboard in the sub navigation menu.
- Choose a Duration (past) value.
- Select an Ending value (default is Now).
- The data then automatically reloads to reflect your changes.
Two widgets behave differently in regards to the Duration setting:
- Metric Status Widget: Current Values in Metric Status widgets are not affected by the Time Frame setting. It always reflects the most recent five minutes of data.
- Group Status Widget: Clicking the refresh button in the Time Frame will refresh the data in the Group Status widget. However, the Group Status widget always displays the most recent 5 minutes of data, regardless of the Time Frame setting.
Check out the Time Frame documentation for more information.
- To edit the Refresh Interval for the dashboard, click Ending Now.
- A modal appears with a dropdown for Refresh Interval.
Favorited dashboards display as a drop-down list under Dashboards in the main top navigation menu.
Favorite a Dashboard
- Navigate to the Dashboard menu (or Dashboard > Manage Dashboards). A list of all the dashboards available in your tenant appears.
- Click an empty star next to a dashboard to favorite it.
Unfavorite a Dashboard
Repeat the above process and click a filled star to unfavorite the dashboard. This removes the dashboard from your quick drop-down list in the top navigation menu.
You can configure a dashboard to be either public or private. By default, dashboards you create are private.
Make a Dashboard Public
- Navigate to the Dashboards menu.
- Select All Dashboards > My Dashboards. A list of the dashboards you have created appears.
- Toggle Shared to active (green) to make the dashboard public.
Make a Dashboard Private
To make a dashboard private, repeat the above steps and toggle Shared to inactive (grey).
Delete a Dashboard
Via Manage Dashboards
You can delete a dashboard by navigating to Dashboards > Manage Dashboards and clicking the trash can.
Via Any Dashboard
You can delete custom dashboards directly on their page by clicking the cog and then Delete Dashboard.