HipChat Notifications Admin Guide
How to add HipChat notifications to your policies in Metricly.
Send a notification to a HipChat room when an event occurs on your Metricly Policies. HipChat notifications are re-usable across multiple policies. Read below for configuration steps.
Setting up a new Hipchat notification is a two-step process:
- Generate a Hipchat Room token
- Link the created Hipchat room with Metricly
1. Generate a room token
- Log in to your Hipchat account at hipchat.com.
- Navigate to the Rooms section.
- Under My Rooms, select or create the desired room.
- On the left panel, select Tokens.
- Type a Label for the room and select Send Notification from the scopes list.
- Click Create to generate a token.
2. Link the room with Metricly
- Navigate to a Policy > Notifications.
- Click Add Notification and choose HipChat.
- After clicking Add Hipchat, ensure the Enabled checkbox is selected.
- Paste the Room name and Room Token to the corresponding fields.
- Click Test and Save.
More About Notifications
For more information about notifications, see them main Notifications page.