Use the Policy Editor to add, edit, enable, disable, or delete policies. For more information about configuring policies with the Policy Editor, see Policy Editor.
- Scope defines the element or elements to which a policy is applied.
- A condition is a test applied to an individual metric (or several) that is either true or false at any given time. For a policy to execute an event and/or notification, each of its conditions must be met.
- Duration is the length of time for which the conditions in a policy must be met before an event and/or notification is executed. For example, if duration is 10 minutes, each of the conditions in a policy must be met for 10 consecutive minutes before you will receive a notification or see an event in Metricly.
- Notifications are one or more notifications that a policy will send if each of its conditions are met.
Policies with Metricly listed in the Created By column are called default policies. They serve as recommended policy configurations that you can edit, enable, disable, or delete. For more information about default policies, see Default policies.
The Policies page shows a list of all your configured policies, both enabled and disabled. It includes the policy name, the number of elements in scope, filters on the policy, state of the policy (Enabled/Disabled), and the current status (OK, Info, Warning, Critical). This page has additional filters to display all Open and Closed policies. Filtering by Open will display only the policies that are currently (Now) violating a set condition(s). We use the term “firing” to refer to policies that are violating a set of conditions. Clicking on Closed will show any policies that have fired during the selected time range.
You can search for a particular policy or filter the policy by using the policy filters.
- Open the policies page.
- At the top of the page, use the available fields to search for the desired policy or filter the list:
- Name contains: Text field used to match characters contained in a policy name.
- Created By: Drop-down menu used for selecting the user that created a policy.
- State: Drop-down menu used for selected if a policy is disabled or enabled.
- Type: Text field used to match an element type used in a policy. You can only select one element type to search for.
The Policy page has two main view.
The table view will display all the policies configured in your tenant account. These are both the Metricly best practices and your user defined policies. In the table you will also see the details (status, state, enabled, notifications) about each policy. To see what is firing right now click on Open. By clicking Closed you will see all the policies that fired over the selected time range.
Slide Out View
Click on the policy name to open more details about the policy. The slide out will display any elements that have Open or Closed policy violations. Remember the Closed policies are tied to the time control. You can click on the graph to see the metrics view. This feature is disabled for the checks because it does not apply. The view can be closed by clicking the the X in the top right corner.
Mute Policy Notifications
This silences all attached notifications for the policies selected for a set duration. You can manually unmute a policy at any time as well.
- Select all policies you wish to mute.
- Click Mute Notifications.
- Input a mute duration and click OK. Your selected policies will remain muted until your chosen duration expires or when you manually unmute them.