Solr is an open source search platform, allowing for full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, and much more. Metricly can be used to monitor the performance of your Solr server.
- Navigate to the collectors folder.
The default location is /opt/netuitive-agent/conf/collectors.
- Open the SolrCollector.conf file.
This configuration file will only be available in agent versions 0.3.1 or later. Otherwise, you will have to create a configuration file with the same name.
- Change the
enabledsetting to True.
- Save the configuration file, and restart the Linux Agent.
Additional Configuration Options
Option Default Description enabled False Enable collecting Solr metrics. byte_unit Default numeric output(s). core Which cores the collector should report information on. host Hostname to collect from. measure_collector_time Measure the collector’s run time in milliseconds. metrics_blacklist Regex list to match metrics to block. Mutually exclusive with metrics_whitelistoption. metrics_whitelist Regex list to match metrics to transmit. Mutually exclusive with metrics_blacklistoption. port Port to collect from. stats Types of stats reported from the collector. Available options include:
- core: Stats on the different cores on your machine.
- response: Stats on ping response.
- query: Stats on query handling.
- update: Stats on update handling.
- cache: Stats on fieldValue, filter, document, and queryResult caches.
- jvm: Stats on the JVM.
- replication: Stats on replication.
Values should be formatted as a comma separated list. All options are enabled by default.